I Love Hydrangeas!!!

I first fell in love with this plant when I was about 9 or 10 years old. When my great grandfather died, there were about 15 hydrangea plants that were given at his funeral. I thought that it was the most incredible plant I had ever seen. I asked my mother if I could have one. She told me that if there were any left after all the other family members had taken what they wanted then I could have one. I watched as one by one of the plants went out the door in the hands of aunts, uncles, cousins, sons, daughters, and friends. At the end of the day, there was one plant left that had only one broken bloom .  I took it home and planted it in my parents flower bed and watered it faithfully. It lived that year. It had one bloom the next year. The third year, it was waist tall and had about 15 huge pink blooms. 


I love hydrangeas!

No comments:

Post a Comment